Electric buses for Bucuresti

After Cluj, Turda and Tulcea - Bucuresti switch to electric buses

Bucharest City Hall will buy 100 electric buses that will run on 14 RATB lines as well as 100 trams, general mayor Gabriela Firea announced at a special meeting of the General Council of the Capital.

The proposal comes from the Public Transport Inter-Community Development Association Bucharest-Ilfov (ADITPBI), which on June 19th sent the opportunity study "Purchasing electric buses to improve the public passenger transport on 14 routes in Bucharest", elaborated by a mixed team made up of experts from RATB and ADITPBI, according to the project's explanatory statement. ADITPBI was established less than a year ago in July 2017 by General Mayor Gabriela Firea and 40 mayors of Ilfov localities. The association has the role to ensure and monitor the joint transport in Bucharest and Ilfov, the President of ADITPBI being the mayor of Bucharest, Gabriela Firea.

According to the study, the 100 electric buses will cost 57.12 million euros, will have a length of 12 meters and will be adapted to people with disabilities. Vehicles will be entered on lines 137, 138, 173, 300, 311, 312, 313, 330, 335, 336, 368, 381, 385 and 601. Most electric buses (14) the Titan and Baneasa neighborhoods.

Also, for the operation of the new electric buses, 21 charging stations will be set up at the ends of the lines. In the study is also presented the planning of the purchase of electric buses in detail on each line.
The buses will be fully downhill and equipped with ventilation, air conditioning and heating, as well as audio and video information systems for travelers. They will also have video surveillance system, contactless card charging system, passenger counting system, wi-fi internet and online communication system.

The autonomy of electric buses between two charges will be at least 250 kilometers under specific conditions of the Capital, a sufficient journey for a day of circulation, and a guarantee of at least 8 years or minimum 480,000 kilometers for buses and eight years for infrastructure loading, show the study.
The municipality's plans for electric buses also include single-lane arrangement on 11 of the 14 lines, as well as some measures to streamline traffic, such as the ban on parking on the first lane. Also, Mayor General Gabriela Firea announced during the meeting on Wednesday that PMB will resume the tender for the purchase of 100 trams. The total cost for the purchase of 100 buses and 100 trams is 220 million euros, of which 186 million euros could be secured from European funds.



Suddenly - New Kopel Car Import, part of SIXT Group Romania, has become the importer of BYD buses and electric vehicles in Romania. BYD is the largest manufacturer and seller of electric cars and buses around the world, with over 100,000 electric vehicles sold annually.

BYD buses have their high autonomy, AC charging capacities, which translate into low infrastructure and charging costs, extended battery and system warranty, efficient regeneration / braking performance and modern quality buses. These range from articulated buses of 8.7 meters, 10.8 meters, 12 meters, 13 meters coaches and 18 meters articulated buses.

BYD has over 220,000 employees, is a pioneer in reaching the zero-emission ecosystem and has more than 20 years of experience in the field of research, development and battery production, which translates into the largest production capacity of the iron phosphorus battery

BYD has delivered over 40,000 electric buses around the world, with a significant European presence, with both production facilities in Hungary and France, as well as many buses in Italy, England, the Netherlands, Israel and many others.

EU is funding 80% of the price of an EV bus the rest of 20% has to be supported by the Municipality. Estimated average price of an EV bus is aroud 600 000 euros, 2.5 times more of a similar diesel version




Comments for this blog

Leave A Reply

Blog Archive